1. Johnston J. Testimony before the Subcommittee on Health and the Environment. Committee on Energy and Commerce, US House of Representatives, 1994.
2. USDHEW. Smoking and Health. Report of the Advisory Committee to the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service. US Department of Health, Education and Welfare, 1964. Public Health Service Publication No. 1103.
3. Kitchin C. YouMaySmoke. New York: Award Books, 1966.
4. Wagner S. Cigarette Country: Tobacco in American History and Politics. New York: Praeger, 1971.
5. USEPA. Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking: Lung Cancer and Other Disorders. Indoor Air Division, Office of Atmospheric and Indoor Programs, Office of Air and Radiation, US Environmental Protection Agency, 1992. EPA/600/6-90/006F.
6. Skolnick A. Burning mad tobacco firms turn up heat on major news media. Science Writer 1994 Summer:1–5.
7. Naureckas J. When journalists boost the tobacco industry, follow the money. Extra! 1994 September/October:18–19.
8. Jones C. Philip Morris aided periodical. Richmond Times-Dispatch 1994 June 30:B10.
9. Secondhand smoke: Is it a hazard? Consumer Reports 1995 January:27–33.
10. Wolinsky H, Brune T. The Serpent on the Staff: The Unhealthy Politics of the American Medical Association. New York: Putnam, 1994.
11. Slade J, Kopelowicz A. An analysis of "R. J. Reynolds' position paper on the health effects of smoking": I. The constitutional hypothesis. Tobacco Products Litigation Reporter 1986;1(8):5.97–5.105.
12. Eysenck H. Smoking and health. In: Tollison R, ed. Smoking and Society: Toward a More Balanced Assessment (pp. 17–88). Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1986.
13. Slade J, Nissenblatt M. An analysis of "R. J. Reynolds' position paper on the health effects of smoking": II. Lung cancer. Tobacco Products Liability Reporter 1986;1(9):5.107–5.113.
14. Slade J, Hahn A. An analysis of "R. J. Reynolds' position paper on the health effects of smoking": III. Heart disease. Tobacco Products Liability Reporter 1986;1(9):5.115–5.121.
15. Slade J, Kabis S, Vasen A. An analysis of "R. J. Reynolds' position paper on the health effects of smoking": IV. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Tabacco Products Litigation Reporter 1987;2(2):5.11–5.21.
16. USDHHS. Reducing the Health Consequences of Smoking: 25 Years of Progress. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 1989. DHHHS Publication No. (CDC) 89-8411.
17. Bero L, Galbraith A, Rennie D. Sponsored symposia on environmental tobacco smoke. JAMA 1994;271:612–617.