1. Taylor P. The Smoke Ring: Tobacco, Money, and Multi-national Politics. New York: Pantheon Books, 1984.
2. Garfinkel L. Time trends in lung cancer mortality among nonsmokers and a note on passive smoking. J Natl Cancer Inst 1981;66(6):1061–1066.
3. Garfinkel L, Auerbach O, Joubert L. Involuntary smoking and lung cancer: A case-control study. J Natl Cancer Inst 1985;75:463–469.
4. Bero L, Galbraith A, Rennie D. Sponsored symposia on environmental tobacco smoke. JAMA 1994;271:612–617.
5. Pollay RW. A Scientific Smoke Screen: A Documentary History of Public Relations Efforts for and by the Tobacco Industry Research Council (TIRC), 1954–1958. Vancouver, Canada: History of Advertising Archives, 1990. Tobacco Industry Promotion Series.
6. USDHHS. The Health Consequences of Smoking: Cancer. A Report of the Surgeon General. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office on Smoking and Health, 1982. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 82–50179.
7. Levin M. Tobacco pitchman agrees stars did not receive gifts. Los Angeles Times 1994 June 14:1.
8. Hazan A, Lipton H, Glantz S. Popular films do not reflect current tobacco use. Am J Pub Health 1994;84:998–1000.