1. Bero L, Glantz S. Tobacco industry response to a risk assessment of environmental tobacco smoke. Tobacco Control 1993;2:103–113.
2. Cohen L, Rothschild H. The bandwagons of medicine. Perspectives in Biology and medicine 1979; Summer: 531–538.
3. Ockene J, Hymowitz N, Sexton M, Broste S. Comparison of patterns of smoking behavior change among smokers in the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Study (MRFIT). Prev Med 1982;10:476–500.
4. Hughes G, Hymowitz N, Ockene J, Simon N, Voght T. The Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial (MRFIT): V. Intervention on smoking. Prev Med 1981;10:476–500.
5. Seltzer C. Effect of stopping smoking after unstable angina and myocardial infarction (letter). Brit Med J Clin Res Ed 1983;287(6401):1301–1302.
6. Castelli W. Epidemiology of coronary heart disease: the Framingham study. Am J Med 1984;76(2A):4–12.
7. Castelli W, Garrison R, Dawber T, McNamara P, Feinleib M, Kannel W. The filter cigarette and coronary heart disease: The Framingham story. Lancet 1981;2(8238):109–113.
8. Cohen D, Arai SF, Brain JD. Smoking impairs long-term dust clearance from the lung. Science 1979;204:514–517.
9. Bero L, Galbraith A, Rennie D. Sponsored symposia on environmental tobacco smoke. JAMA 1994;271:612–617.
10. Glantz S. Tobacco industry response to the scientific evidence on passive smoking. In Proceedings of the Fifth World Conference on Tobacco and Health, 1983 (pp. 287–292). Winnepeg, Canada: Canadian Council on Smoking and Health, 1983.
11. Durbin R. The tobacco industry strategy: New subject, same tactics (editorial). Tobacco Control 1993;2:8–9.
12. Bero L, Galbraith A, Rennie D. The publication of sponsored symposiums in medical journals. N Engl J Med 1992;327:1135–1140.
13. Becker C, Dubin T. Activation of factor XII by tobacco glycoprotein. J Exp Med 1977;146:457–467.
14. Friedman G, Dales L, Ury H. Mortality in middle-aged smokers and nonsmokers. New Engl J Med 1979;300:213–217.
15. USEPA. Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking: Lung Cancer and Other Disorders. Indoor Air Division, Office of Atmospheric and Indoor Programs, Office of Air and Radiation, US Environmental Protection Agency, 1992. EPA/600/6-90/006F.